Y oung Educators Foundation (YEF) is an organization that promotes education and literacy in Ghana. Our mission is to improve the lives of our children and youth through literacy. To achieve our mission, we run co-curricular programmes which complement curricular based studies. They are:
- The Spelling Bee – targeted at students between ages 8 & 13, it teaches them how to use the English language effectively.
- The Young Debaters – teaches 16-21 year olds how to use effective public speaking skills to communicate effectively.
- Epelle-le – a French Spelling Competition which encourages 8-13 year olds to use the French language effectively.
Our programmes have afforded us the opportunity to travel the length and breadth of the country working with basic, secondary and tertiary institutions.
Our partners for the programmes we run include, but not limited to, the U.S. Embassy, Newmont Ghana Gold, British Council, Peace Corps Volunteers Ghana, MTN & Vodafone Foundations and Ghana Education Service.
Our work with children and youth of Ghana has also afforded us the opportunity to build lasting relationships with stakeholders such as PTAs, Heads of schools, Community leaders (i.e. chiefs). Our expertise includes:
- database management of schools and their students,
- Managing co-curricular and curricular calendars.
- Event & project management/li>
To improve the lives of our children and youth through literacy as well as champion the cause of education.
To reconnect Ghana through education via our youth.